500 meters East Casino Fiesta, Rio Segundo., Provincia de Alajuela, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Additional Services

We got back from our trip in Costa Rica a week ago, and I wanted to let everyone know of our bad experience with USave Car Rental. The experience was so bad we won't book with them again.

I have made the reservation for the flight, hotel and car rental thru expedia.ca aprox. 8 months ago, booking confirmed, reference/confirmation number received etc. I am referring below only to the car rental situation we faced. I am highlighting the fact that on the confirmation web page it is mentioned that there is no need to call back for confirmation.

We landed in San Jose Intl Airport with 2-3 hours flight delay, a fact that is out of our control and it could normally happen to everybody. We waited for an hour outside the airport and there was no USave shuttle showing up. Therefore I called them to see what's going on. First surprise, the phone number provided in the confirmation web page was not in service.

Asking people around in the airport, somebody gave us a local number where USave can be contacted. Finally I spoke to a guy from USave and he told me that they cancelled my reservation since we did not show up at the time specified when we made the reservation. I asked how is it possible to take the liberty on their end to initiate the cancellation of my reservation within a matter of couple of hours of a delayed flight and he replied that I should've call or email him before. I told him that his provided phone on the reservation web page is not actually working, also the fact that they did not provide an email at all on that page and even if they had it, it's quite impossible to call or email during the flight.

And he cut me shortly saying that this is not his problem. Short to say this is the first time when a car rental company cancels on their own initiative my reservation. I have rented cars in 5 countries with no problems despite of the fact that the flight had delays or not. I understand the car rental company may cancel the reservation 24 hours later or next day if the client never showed up, but to cancel it 2-3 hours after the specified time on the reservation web page, that is unacceptable.

All I can say is to AVOID renting a car with USave in Costa Rica.

Very unprofessional. Stay away from USave.

Product or Service Mentioned: Expedia Car Rental Booking.

Reason of review: company unilaterally cancelled my car rental reservation.

I didn't like: Bad experience with usave car rental in costa rica.

Comments