I rented a minivan from Usave near Newark airport via Expedia, which looked like the cheapest car rental at that time even with taxes and fees included plus it had unlimited mileage. They had so many hidden fees that summed up to more than $250.

There was a fee for an additional driver, a fee for driving the car out of state(?!?), and some other service fee which I though was already covered by booking thru Expedia. I booked the van to be picked up at 10AM. At 11:30AM, they called me to say I had a 2 hour window to pick it up and if I don't, I would lose my reservation even though my reservation was confirmed on expedia. Now I'm wondering what would've happened if my flight was delayed.

Worst part was when I picked up the car, there was trash from the previous renter (crumpled paper, wrapping from candies, etc.) and they blamed it on the car wash, which I truly doubt, that they did. And then when my husband called to complain about it, they said we should just take it to a car wash and we would be reimbursed. REALLY?!? The car wash was closed by the time I got home and had to vacuum and clean the car myself since my daughter has asthma.

My wife tried to call several times prior to the rental since she wanted to make sure the car was clean because of my daughter's asthma and all she got was a voicemail and no return call. When I returned the car, all I got a sorry and they said that they can't do anything unless I show them a receipt.

NEVER AGAIN! STAY AWAY from this car rental company!!!!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments