2.6
Additional Fees

I rented a car from USave (May 18, 2016-May 26, 2016)- first problem was the male employees attitude toward female customers.

As I entered the establishment the guy was so obnoxious towards a female customer who was dropping her vehicle off.

When I got my vehicle, I thought I was getting a Hyundai Sonata however according to the same male(believe is the owner or supervisor) I should have reserved vehicle off of the U Save website as supposed to the Orbitz website.

The car I reserved online was not the vehicle I reserved online, it was a much smaller vehicle.

The vehicle was not cleaned and the cigarette lighter was not working because I could not plug in my radar detector. At that point Mr Obnoxious was trying to tell me to try other lighter in the vehicle but I wanted to use the one in the front console, so they gave me a vehicle that had just been returned. I was actually waiting outside when the customer returned the vehicle. Not the crucible had bird *** over it.

Bringing that to Mr Ovnoxious attention, he informed the female employee to take the vehicle to the rear of the lot to a make shift car wash. Their the female tried to clean the bird *** off with a water holes, she informed me that the car wash was inoperable.

When using the water holes was not successful, she informed me that I can take the car to a car wash and get reimbursed if I provide them with a receipt.

On May 25th, I turned the vehicle in after being informed by the female employee that she would not be closing before 7:30-8:00 after the customer picked up a rental car. I informed the female employee that I had to return the vehicle because I had a flight leaving JFK the following morning May 26th.

The female employee told me that she would have to charge me a penalty for turning the vehicle in early howhever she would inspect the vehicle park it in the rear and have the morning guy turn it in.

I asked her being a former Newark Police Officer if that was advise able she said that she had already inspected the vehicle and it would be ok, the only issue was the vehicle had less than a quarter of gas that I was suppose to return the vehicle with, at that point the female employee asked me if I wanted to take the vehicle and put gas in it but I told her for an additional $6-$10 it did not matter.

On June 2, 2016, I checked my credit card statement to learn that I had an additional charge of $63 on my card from U Save. I notified USave and spike to the obnoxious gentleman that I observed being nasty to the female customer 2 weeks prior.

He informed me that extra charges was because the vehicle had been turned in early and during inspection the keys were left with the keys in the drop box.

I was told that the female employee had probably closed the cash register out and the windshield had a chip in it.

Trying to dispute this with Mr. Obnoxious was useless, which was not going to help me because now I was home (out of the state).

Mr. Obnoxious told me to contact the female the next day when she return to work.

So if you are planning to rent a vehicle in the Newark NJ area, it would not be in your best interest to do business with USave, they will rip you off.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usave Car And Truck Rental Car Rental.

Comments