Additional Fees

U-Save is a scam! I have intentionally set myself up with the proper credit cards as well as car and liability insurance to specifically avoid the cost of the extra coverages all the car rental companies want to charge us for.

U-Save forced me to get the extra SLI insurance or they would not let me take the car off the lot. Any other car rental place I've been to allows you, even if you don't have proper insurance coverage, to take on the risk if you choose to. U-Save never showed me any written policy to support this ridiculous claim. This must be illegal.

If you had a similar experience please let me know and maybe something can be done.

Product or Service Mentioned: Usave Car And Truck Rental Car Rental.

Comments

It would be illegal to drive a car without the proper car insurance, so the company did it right.

Simi Valley, California, United States #1239205

I also have same experience where I was forced to pay for insurance at 15 per day at LAX location! Rediculous.

Never had that with any other car rental.

Also saw fees for cleaning dirty car of $200. My car was dirty so it wasn't cleaned and probably charged last customer that fee. The smell in the car made me nauseous.

My car also looked like it got into an accident and trunk wouldn't fully close.

They said that's what insurance is for. If so then why didn't insurance fix it?